Tulum offers plenty of options for those who prefer the comforts of guided tours and enjoy the company of fellow tourists. An organized tour could be much more convenient if you only have a small number of days in Tulum and prefer to see few different places in one trip. There are a number of tour operators and dive shops in town that offer different adventures. Most of the tours could be booked either online or directly at the office of the tour company or dive shop.
Another option to book a tour is through one of the street vendors or your hotel’s concierge. However, both the concierges and the street vendors are usually just resellers. And very often, in their list of priorities sales commissions come before the idea of making sure that you get the best experience. It is always good to do some research about the actual company/guide running the tour before signing up. To be sure there are no hidden additional costs and charges, try to get as many details as possible. Often the “good cheap deals” are not exactly the best option.
To make things easier for you we made а list of trusted businesses. We will maintain the list updated to represent honestly the level of the services provided by the companies that are mentioned here.
Send us a message if you are looking for a specialized service or a private tour. We will gladly give you recommendations and ideas. In most cases, we can also help with booking your chosen tour.
- Mexico Kaan Tours / www.mexicokantours.com – their best tours go to Chichen-itza, Coba and Punta Laguna, Sian Kaan Reserve. Have in mind that most of the tours are available only on certain days of the week.
- Itour/ www.itourmexico.com – one of the bigger tour operators in town that runs the famous Sian Kaan Delux tour. Their tour Coba Express would also be a good choice. All the tours go daily.
- Edventure Tours / www.edventuretours.mx- this well-established company offers a good mixture of snorkeling tours in different environments and adventure activities in the jungle.
- Yucatan Outdoors / www.yucatanoutdoors.com – a very small tour company that offers some great, personalized adventures. Their kayaking sunset tour in Sian Kaan biosphere reserve is great!!
- Agua clara / www.aguaclaradivingtulum.com – full-service dive shop offering some adventure tours as well.
- Koox / www.kooxdiving.com – cenote, cave and reef diving. Good service and equipment.
- Xibalba / www.xibalbadivecenter.com – good equipment and guides. Ideal place for a strictly diving trip to Tulum. The dive shop is on the ground floor of Xibalba hotel and they offer packages that include accommodation and diving.
- Ibike / www.ibiketulum.com – nice small shop on the bike path to the beach. They rent a variety of bikes, incl motopeds. Service is great and timely. They deliver bikes and motos to most of the hotels on the beach and offer a support assistance.